This card I am sharing today is a quite a diversion from my “usual” (if there even is such a thing), but oh how much fun it was to make!
I needed a birthday card for a special 14-year old boy, so pretty posies and sappy sentiments were not in order.
Well…. lucky lucky me – I won! Woohoo! Happy dance! 🙂
I tried to stay pretty true to the sketch. What do you think?
For this card, I used the following materials:
- StampinUp’s Just Sayin’ Stamp Set “hey there” stamp
- StampinUp’s Just Sayin’ Framelit Die Set bubble die
- StampinUp’s Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set “ink blot” stamp
- Jillibean’s You’re Tweet Stamp Set “little bird” stamp & “happier than a french fry” sentiment stamp
- StampinUp’s Pumpkin Pie Orange Marker (for birdie’s beak)
- StampinUp’s Adventure Bound Designer Series Paper “brick wall” paper
- StampinUp’s Very Vanilla and Black Card Stock
- Inks: Stazon Black, SU White Craft Ink, Versa Mark, SU Tempting Turquoise
- White Embossing Powder
- Wink of Stella Clear Brush
Have a great day – in fact, I hope your day is Happier than a Bird with a French Fry!
By the way – have you ever seen a bird with a french fry?? I can say I have first hand! A couple of years ago, a friend took me to this very specific “special” french fry place on the boardwalk in Ocean City, Maryland. We got a batch of fries and were walking along talking, when out of nowhere and in no time at all (I hadn’t even tasted one fry yet), a bird swooped in to grab a fry, startling me to the point of throwing the fries in the air. When they fell to the ground, about 50 hundred gabillion birds appeared, and the fries disappeared in about 1.5 seconds. And to top it off……… the stinkin’ bird POOPED on my shoulder in the process. So after that fiasco, I went to the ladies room to “wash” off my top, and back we headed to buy more fries. When we arrived at the shop, it had closed for the day…..
I never did get to try those fries. But the birds sure were happy! 🙂
Cheers & Hugs,
PS Happy Birthday Aaron! With love from Aunt Jodi ❤