Being a Best Friend: A Charlie Dog Guest Post.
Here are some things I have learned about being a best friend. I hope you find these helpful:
- Always act like it has been a hundred trillion years since you’ve last seen each other (even if it’s only been a day)! Run around like maniacs and chase each other and jump all over each other. It shows how much you’ve missed them and love them.
- Share your “stuff” (including your donuts and bones and balls) – even if it is difficult – and its even okay to play tug with them for a while, but always take turns giving in.
- Share your food and drink – more will always be provided.
- Invite them into your home – and visit their home too (even if you have to sneak!)
- Love each other’s families – they are the ones who helped make them the way they are.
- Tell each other secrets (use secret signals and languages if necessary), and make sure you keep them secrets.
- Take walks together – its good exercise and company.
These are just a few things I have learned along the way since I met my new best friend about a year ago when he moved into my neighborhood. Jaeger (that’s my best friend’s name) is a year younger than me even though he is bigger. Isn’t he handsome? I love Jaeger, and he loves me. We are best friends.
Mom tells me that to have a best friend you have to be one, so I try really hard.
Everyone needs at least one best friend. I’m glad I have Jaeger.
Woofs & Wags,
Charlie is an adopted dog with brown eyes and a white-tipped tail who brings joy and laughter to his family and friends. Charlie is a gifted writer, raving food critic, cat, chipmunk, and donut lover, and exceptionally photogenic model. Some of his best friends are Mike the UPS Man, Cliff the Mailman, Jaeger the neighbor dog, and ANYONE who delivers pizza to the house. If you would like to read more guest posts by Charlie, simply type “Charlie” into the Search box at the top right hand corner of this link: thecreativelifeinbetween.com. If you would enjoy a companion like Charlie, please consider pet adoption.