Chocolate + Crisp, Salty, Buttery Ritz Crackers + Rolo Candies = PURE BLISS in my book…
Do you agree?
Oh THANK YOU, Ruthanne at easybaked.net for sharing this super easy, wonderfully delicious recipe!
It is literally THREE (3) ingredients + any embellishments you want to add – or not.
Now seriously – anyone can do that – right?
And according to Ruthanne’s Dad, they are the BEST cookies he’s ever eaten…
INGREDIENTS: (makes about 50 cookies)
- One box of Ritz Crackers
- One bag of Rolo caramel candies
- Two bags of Wilton’s Candy Melts in dark (or milk) chocolate – ( I used one of each)
- Unwrap all those little Rolos…this is the hardest part of this recipe….booooring!
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place Ritz Crackers, bottom side up, on a cookie sheet and set one unwrapped Rolo on each one.
- Put these into the oven and leave them for one to two minutes until the Rolo is soft enough to press flat with another cracker- I actually just kept checking until they were soft enough.
- Remove them from the oven and use another Ritz cracker to make a little sandwich of that soft Rolo.
- Allow these to cool completely.
- Melt Candy Melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until they are completely melted and smooth.
- Cover each cookie with melted chocolate and use a fork to lift the cookie up. Tap the fork against the side of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drain off, slide bottom of cookie along edge of bowl to remove extra off bottom, and tip gently off fork and allow cookie to slide onto parchment or wax paper. Sprinkle/ decorate as desired and allow cookie to harden completely.
Cheers & Chocolately Hugs,