I could barely wait to share this recipe for S’More Cookies that I made on Sunday!
OOOOO LAAAA LAAAA!!!
It’s like a campfire memory in a cookie!
I was inspired to make these as I began thinking about cookies to bake for Jackie’s Wedding (which is only a month away!!! Sooooo excited!!!).
For those of you that don’t live in or around Pittsburgh – aka “Da ”Burgh,” – we have what I’ve come to learn is an unusual tradition at weddings. (Much like french fries on salads, calling rubber bands “gum bands”, calling groups of people “Yinz,” being the ultimate “Stillers” and “Buccos” sports fans, calling bologna “Jumbo” and – oh – I could go on and on about our wonderful Pittsburghese – isms! 🙂 )
We have Cookie Tables at weddings.
VERY large cookie tables.
Like where Cookies are APPETIZERS and DESSERT… AND go with the meal…
And just to be sure you understand correctly – this does not mean we don’t have wedding cake…. Oh my no – we have BOTH – cookies AND cake!
So when thinking of how to best celebrate our sweet Jackie and what kind of cookies to bake, I thought of S’Mores – which are Jackie’s favorite treat – and I found this amazing recipe by Jen at CarlsbadCravings.com.
I couldn’t think of anything to make it any better, so here is Jen’s recipe exactly as she posted. I hope you don’t mind me sharing Jen! (Photos are of the ones I baked.)
The only things I changed were that I baked for only 7 minutes on baking stones in my convection oven. I always under bake slightly and let set on stones to finish. I also added about an extra 1/4 cup flour, which I often do to cookie recipes to give them more fullness and chewiness.
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Hershey bars, broken
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Cream together butter and sugars; mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chocolate chunks until well combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove and quickly press marshmallows into cookies. Return to oven and cook until done, about 3-4 minutes
I’ll be making these for Jackie’s wedding – most likely AGAIN – as I’m not sure these will last……
Cheers and Hugs,