Gotta love “almost-homemade” recipes – right?
And what is better than a crockpot recipe for those busy days when we need it?!
And WHO does not love General Tso’s Chicken? Please don’t tell me if you don’t?! It will shock me beyond belief.
This recipe turned out so yummy that I have to call it yet another……
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
A winner because it is YUMMY…
and a winner because it is EASY!
Here is how I made it.
Almost-Homemade Easy Crockpot General Tso's Chicken
- 2 1/2 lbs fresh or frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bit-sized pieces
- 2 cups corn starch
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 15-oz bottle Iron Chef General Tso’s Sauce and Glaze (this yummy sauce is what makes it “almost” homemade and VERY easy!)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Mix corn starch, salt, and pepper in a gallon-sized Ziploc Bag
- Add chicken to corn starch mixture and shake to coat well.
- Heat oil in a stir-fry skillet.
- Add corn starch coated chicken, and fry 3-4 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
- Pour entire contents of skillet into crockpot.
- Add bottle of sauce.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours
- Add green onions
- Serve with steamed Jasmine rice
Cheers & Hugs,