One of the things I make every holiday season for entertaining is Chex Party Snack Mix.
For those of us savory, salty snack lovers, this is a real crowd pleaser!
I cannot make this too far ahead of time or I will munch it all away a handful at a time! It is so crazy addictive!
My BFF, Jill, loves this too, so I always make sure I have some around for our McHendy Christmas and New Year’s celebrations.
Through the years, many new variations of this snack mix have evolved, but we still love this classic.
Here is my recipe that was shared by my friend Barb many years ago.
Chex Party Snack Mix
- 1 box each of Corn, Rice, and Wheat Chex cereals
- 1 bag pretzel sticks (broken up)
- 1 jar peanuts or can of mixed nuts, or any combination of nuts you like
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp Tabsco sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Mix cereal, pretzels and peanuts together in large roaster pan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, spices, Tobasco and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over cereal mixture and incorporate well with a spoon or your hands to coat all.
- Bake at 225 degrees F for 2 hours stirring every half hour.
- Let cool, and store in Ziploc bags, jars, or canisters.
Cheers & Hugs,