- I believe I married one of the smartest men in the universe. Not only does he know everything about history and geography and science, he knows how to fix almost anything (with very few exceptions), and he innately wants to help everyone – from family and friends to strangers – by using his knowledge and skills. We may not always agree on everything (like politics or what to watch on TV), but I think I have grown to love and admire him more this year than in all the 39 years of knowing him.
- Watching my oldest son become a father and watching the love and adoration between him and his child grow is one of the most beautiful gifts a mom can receive.
- Watching my youngest son marry the love of his life and the joy she brings to him is all I could ever ask for.
- Spending time with my first daughter-in-law sharing our love of handmade crafting or our greater love of my first grandchild are some of my favorite times this year.
- Gaining a second daughter-in-law has expanded my heart even more than I could have imagined, and being welcomed into her family has been such an added bonus.
- There is no word (someone must come up with one) to express the indescribable joy felt when watching your first grandchild smile at you for the first time, reach her arms out to you when she sees you, and say “MahMaw” (Grandma) for the first time!
- Turning 55 (today!) isn’t so bad. Getting to this stage of life has brought more blessings – more love – deeper relationships with family and friends – than the disadvantages of extra weight, extra sags, extra grays, and extra wrinkles.
2017 was a pretty awesome year! I encourage you to think of seven things you learned or loved in 2017. I am sure there are many more than you realize.
Out of the 365 days…
or perhaps the 8, 760 hours….
maybe even the 525,600 minutes….
How do you measure a year?
I measure it in love.
Cheers & Hugs,