23 Ways to Spend your Tax Return that can Make you Happy and the World a Better Place
My Money Cake was featured in a recent issue of Upworthy as one of the ways to spend your tax return that can make you happy and the world a better place.
Are you getting a refund? Hope so! And if you do, how do you plan on spending it?
Wouldn’t it be fun to make this money cake and give it to someone in need as a surprise? So much more fun and creative than simply writing a check.
Check out Upworthy’s great list of ideas. There are really some great ones that I plan to do.
- Buy individual sets of flowers and visit a senior center to pass them out.
- Find a cool and important project helping teachers and students on DonorsChoose.
- Donate to a local nonprofit helping your own community.
- Pay it forward in the drive-thru or grocery store line.
- Buy new socks and feminine hygiene products to give to a homeless shelter.
- Donate to Meals on Wheels, then grab a friend and volunteer.
It was such an honor to be featured in this great Upworthy article. Thank you for reaching out Michael Calcagno.
If you haven’t heard about Upworthy, you should check it out. Their mission is to change what the world pays attention to by featuring great stories about important issues to connect us and sometimes even change the world. Because “we’re all part of the same story.”
Thanks for being part of my little story here at the creative life in between.
Cheers & Hugs,