Are you ready for another AMAZING Chicken Recipe?!?!
(My youngest son recently commented: “too much painting – not enough cooking on the blog!”)
So… since he and I LOVE chicken for dinner….
and he requested this…
and our oldest son and our daughter-in-law were coming over last evening….
It was time to break down and make this YUMMY recipe!
If you love Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwiches… I promise – all your dreams have just come true!
I very rarely eat fast food.
But when I do… a Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich is my go-to FAVE!
And I am super excited to share that I discovered a recipe that totally replicates this best of best chicken sandwich thanks to one of my favorite food bloggers Damn Delicious!
And if you don’t have a Chick-Fil-A near you – or have never tried – this is so easy and perfectly replicates the original, you need look no further.
Are you ready for the most juicy, flavorful, amazing chicken sandwich possible?
Here is the recipe shared by Chungah at Damn Delicious. (Of course, I doubled the recipe, and have lots of yummy leftovers!)
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 20 dill pickle slices
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a chicken breast on a cutting board. With your hand flat on top of it, carefully slice the chicken in half horizontally. Trim excess fat as needed.
- In a large shallow baking dish, combine chicken, pickle juice and 1/2 cup milk; marinate for at least 30 minutes. (I marinated for 8 hours in the refrigerator) Drain well.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In another large shallow baking dish, whisk together remaining 1 cup milk and egg. Stir in chicken to coat and drain excess milk mixture.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken, flour and confectioners’ sugar; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve chicken immediately on burger buns with green leaf lettuce, tomato and pickle. (I added a splash of Yum Yum Sauce, which I think closely resembles Chick-Fil-A sauce for the little extra YUM!)
Cheers & Hugs,