What’s a girl to do…
on a hot summer weekend afternoon…
with a handful of blackberries…
and a hot hubby?
(Hot after mowing the lawn, but perhaps hot in THAT way too!)
Not enough berries for a pie and no promise of enough more to forage at the end of the season…
Why make mojitos of course!
This was my first try at making this yummy cocktail, but it turned out so delish! Hubby and I prefer vodka to rum, but you could make yours with rum if you prefer. I also didn’t have club soda, so used Pellegrino Sparkling Water, which made a wonderful sub.
Here’s how I made it. (Inspired by a recipe I saw made by Alison at A Girl Defloured)
Blackberry Mojito Cocktail
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 ripe lime
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 2 shots (and then some…) vodka (or rum)
- Sparking Water or Club Soda
- Muddle the blackberries, 1/2 of lime cut into chunks, mint leaves and sugar until all is smashed and crushed and blended in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the vodka (or rum) and ice, and shake it like you mean it!
- Strain into two glasses or copper mugs filled with ice, and then pour a bit of the unstrained berries into each glass.
- Top off with sparkling or soda water, a fresh mint leaf or two, and a nice wedge of lime.
Cheers & Hugs,