Words are not needed…….
Sometimes you just MUST HAVE chocolate!
Rolo Fudge Brownies (as originally posted by Shelly at Cookies & Cups)
- 1 box prepared Fudge Brownie mix
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 2 cups unwrapped Rolo candy, candies cut in half after measured
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla
- First make Fudgy Brownies in a 9×13 pan lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Let brownies cool completely.
- Pour and evenly spread caramel sauce over brownies, it will be a very thin layer
- Spread chopped Rolos over caramel sauce
- In a medium saucepan over low heat melt sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips together.
- Once melted remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Immediately spread over Rolos using an off-set spatula.
- Let fudge set for at least 2 hours and cut into squares.
Store airtight for up to 5 days. If you are using a boxed brownie mix, make according to package directions, but line the pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. It will make removing and cutting much easier. ( I missed this note when I prepared!)
TIP: Did you know you could make sweetened condensed milk from a evaporated milk? I was bummed when I realized I didn’t have sweetened condensed milk in the pantry, but had a couple of cans of evaporated milk. I know there had to be a way to “convert.” I googled – and Voila! – yep – simple – you just need to take a can of evaoporated milk and add (ahem – yikes – are you ready for this??!! ….) – 1 1/2 cups sugar! Boil and let cool.
Cheers & Hugs,