I love waking up early on weekend mornings.
After all, it means extra hours in my weekend!
This past Sunday, I got up before anyone else was awake and basked in the moments of pre-dawn with freshly-brewed coffee and Italian Sweet Cream, the opportunity to paint, and the chance to bake something yummy for breakfast before anyone was awake, so they could rise to the smells and tastes of fresh baked scones.
Awwhh! This is my happy place….
Scones are quick and easy and so delish!
They throw together quickly and bake in 15 minutes.
These Apricot Chocolate Chip Scones were well received by the sleepy eyes waking up at our house.
Slather them with a little butter or dunk them in your coffee or tea, and you may have found nirvana…. just sayin’.
Here’s the recipe. Enjoy!
Apricot Chocolate Chip Scones
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- coarse raw sugar for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. cut in butter with pastry blender until crumbly.
- Stir in apricots and chocolate chips.
- Add eggs, half and half and vanilla, and mix until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and knead lightly.
- For dough into rectangle approximately 15 inches wide by 4 inches high. Cut in half, then each half in half, and each half in half again until you have 8 equal sections. Cut each section in diagonal until you have 16 triangular sections.
- Placed on baking stones or greased baking sheets.
- Brush top of each with a little more half and half and sprinkle with coarse raw sugar if desired.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes.
PS You might also like my “almost famous” Cinnamon Chip Scones. Click here for the recipe. They are an all-time fave!
Cheers & Hugs,