Chocolate lovers look out!
Brownie lovers beware!
If you are still baking boxed brownie mixes, get ready to rock your world.
I have discovered the ultimate homemade brownie recipe that is not only easy, but has an amazingly crispy, crinkly, chewy cracked crust floating atop a rich fudgy center that is going to cause you to hear angels rejoicing from your taste buds singing.
I wanted to create a brownie that was like taking a bite of a sip of hot cocoa.
So tweaking this amazing recipe (originally from Taste of Home) up just a bit made a real winner.
Get ready to bake and taste and share and treat those you love with a brownie that is simply beyond anything you have ever tasted before. I dare you!
Heavenly Hot Cocoa Brownies
- 3/4 cup cocoa (I used Hershey’s)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 cup melted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Trader Joe’s, which I found delightful, but I often use Nestle’s also)
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda.
- Blend in half (1/3 cup) of the melted butter.
- Add boiling water and stir until well blended.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup melted butter. Mix until well incorporated
- Add flour, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup marshmallows.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 pan and bake for 30-35 mins. until top begins to crack
- After removing from oven, top with remaining 1/4 cup mini marshmallows and lightly brown tops with Chef’s Torch (optional)
Cheers & Chocoately Brownie Hugs,