It is such a great time of year to slow cook meals in the crockpot. And if you love the sweet and spicy flair of many Asian chicken dishes, you are going to love this fast and easy way to make a real crowd pleaser.
It seriously goes together in under 10 minutes, makes your house smell wonderful all day, and creates a dinner that tastes like you slaved.
Serve it with your favorite rice or noodle. My son even liked it shredded up on a bun as a sandwich as it is so tender and juicy and falls apart that easy. Serve with a salad, and you know it – you have another….
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
I made this for the last dinner before my son moved out this weekend and sent the leftovers with him. He can enjoy it again in his new home.
Here is the recipe the way I made it. Feel free to adjust hot sauces and seasonings to your taste.
Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken
- 2 lbs. Boneless Chicken Breast and Thighs (combo or one or the other if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp Cholula hot sauce
- 4-5 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smokey paprika chipotle (optional)
- Place chicken pieces in bottom of crockpot.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over top of chicken.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice (I love brown rice and quinoa combo) and sprinkle with additional sesame seeds if desire.
Cheers & Hugs,