Are you like me? Always looking for new ways to prepare chicken? I could eat it every night! It is so versatile. There are so many different ways you can prepare it.
And this one……. A HUGE WINNER!
I have to admit… I kinda moaned when I ate this.
And I’m so glad it turned out good, because I made it for dinner the other night when my McSister came to stay.
After allowing Kelly to munch down a Fresh Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookie,
settle into her room, and get into some comfies, we enjoyed an extra dry dirty martini, and then settled in for a fresh salad and this YUMMY creamy white chicken caprese lasagna.
Thumbs up all around on this amazing recipe that I originally discovered and tweaked a bit from Becky at TheCookieRookie.
Becky used sun dried tomatoes, but I decided to go with thinly sliced fresh tomatoes. Then there is this issue I have with MORE cheese and MORE garlic…
I definitely recommend trying this awesome recipe for a special occasion (and when calories don’t matter!)
Chicken Caprese Lasagne
- 3 cups cooked and chopped chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 pkg. low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 box lasagna noodles, cooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine chicken, artichokes, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese shredded, the grated Parmesan, and half of the basil in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and garlic until well combined. Add Half and Half, and beat until creamy. Gently stir in half the basil. Set half of the cream cheese mixture aside and stir the remaining half into the chicken mixture.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Layer 4 noodles on top.
- Top with one third of the chicken mixture.
- Place one layer of thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Repeat the noodles, chicken mixture and tomatoes two more times, ending with a noodle layer.
- Top with the other half of the cream cheese mixture.
- Place slices of fresh mozzarella slices on top.
- Top with a little more fresh basil if desired.
- Bake 45 min. or until heated through and bubbly on top.
- Get ready to moan!
Cheers & Hugs,