Easy Skinny Zucchini Pasta Caprese.
I bought a few zucchini recently itching to use my Spiralizer again, and I created this super easy, wicked fast, uber healthy, gloriously delicious lunch that came together in 10 minutes. Seriously!
I spiralized two small/medium zucchini to create the “pasta” and tossed them in a skilled with some minced garlic and a dash of red pepper flakes sizzling in olive oil. After just a few minutes. I tossed in some chopped fresh basil, chopped campari tomatoes, and some grated Parmesan cheese.
After I poured it from the skillet to my bowl, I sprinkled it with some fresh black pepper and flaked sea salt. That’s it!
And it was absolutely amazing! You will seriously question if you are eating fresh pasta! I can’t wait to make it again and again this summer when I am able to pick the fresh produce right from my yard.
Here’s the simple recipe I came up with:
Easy Skinny Zucchini Pasta Caprese
- 2 small/medium zucchini, spriral sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 3-4 Campari tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in stir fry skillet. Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes. After about a minute when oil begins to sizzle around garlic, add zucchini. Cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing every minute or so. Add chopped tomatoes, basil, and Parmesan. Cook and toss for about 2 more minutes.
Pour into bowl or on plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Cheers & Hugs,
A fun, fresh, delicious way to use a rotisserie chicken is to make it into a pizza!
Chicken Caprese Pizza.
A tube of Pillsbury Pizza Crust, some red, ripe campari tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, garlic and balsamic vinegar, along with the chicken make an amazing quick and easy weekday or weekend dinner.
Served with a fresh green salad, and you are ready to rock in 30 minutes or less.
We made this last night for dinner and absolutely loved it!
What is your favorite way to use a rotisserie chicken?
Chicken Caprese Pizza
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, diced
- 1 Pillsbury pizza crust or your favorite
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3-4 campari tomatoes, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread pizza crust out on baking stone or cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with minced garlic. Bake for 5 min.
Remove pizza crust from oven and spread chopped rotisserie chicken evenly on top. Layer sliced campari tomatoes, followed by sliced mozzarella cheese and chopped basil on top. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Return to oven, and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and beginning to brown and crust is golden brown.
I hope you will enjoy this yummy pizza as much as we did!
Cheers & Hugs,
In honor of National Cheese Lovers Day today, (you knew that – right?!) I am sharing a yummy new Cheesy Caprese Tart recipe I made this past weekend for the family while we got together to watch football playoff games.
This recipe could also be great for brunch, lunch or even a light dinner. It would be a well-received snack to take to a Super Bowl Party too, I am certain!
Does anything beat ooey, gooey, chewy fresh melted mozarella cheese?! Especially when topped with sweet juicy tomatoes and some lovely fresh basil?! And everything is yummy when on top of golden, flaky puff pastry – right?
This recipe is really simple, yet it turns out looking so impressive, you are going to be a Cheese Lover’s ROCK STAR when you make this!
Caprese Puff Pastry Tarts
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fresh ripe Campari (my favorite!) or cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Olive Oil
Roll out the puff pastry sheet and cut into four squares. Top with sliced fresh mozarella and then sliced tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, then salt and pepper to taste. Bake in 375 degree F oven for approximately 15 minutes or until puff pastry begins to puff and turn golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly brown. Remove from oven and top with freshly chopped basil. Tastes wonderful hot or cold.
For small bite-sized tarts, you could cut into 16 squares and do same. You could also do one large “pizza” by not cutting the pastry sheet at all.
ENJOY, and Happy Cheese Lover’s Day!
Cheers & Hugs,
I had a rotisserie chicken in the refrigerator that I purchased grocery shopping a day or two earlier. I knew it would be good to have on hand for picking at or making a quick dinner.
Looking for some inspiration, I thought I’d bring out the Foodie Dice and see what creativity I could stimulate for dinner.
I have to admit I cheated and made the chicken dice happen. But when I rolled, tomatoes, garlic, basil, and pasta….
Caprese came to mind and came to dinner plate.
I didn’t have any fresh mozzarella on hand, but I did have some yummy goat cheese that makes a glorious quick and easy creamy pasta sauce.
And the rotisserie chicken became the star of the evening.
This was so quick and easy, but SO SO SO SO SO to die for delicious. I have to admit I sort of moaned (and bragged!) while eating it….
Though quick and easy, I must say this dish could be served for company – and I just may do that.
If you don’t have a rotisserie chicken on hand or available, you could simply roast a chicken or saute some chicken breasts and/or thighs to use.
Thanks to the roll of the Foodie Dice for this yummy dinner.
Chicken Caprese Penne Pasta
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned and chopped
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 5-6 campari tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook penne pasta in salted water for 8-10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of water.
- Saute garlic in olive oil, then stir in chicken.
- To drained pasta, add crumbled goat cheese and reserved cup of pasta water. Stir to incorporate and melt cheese.
- Add chicken and garlic, fresh tomatoes, and basil. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cheers & Hugs,
Are you like me? Always looking for new ways to prepare chicken? I could eat it every night! It is so versatile. There are so many different ways you can prepare it.
And this one……. A HUGE WINNER!
I have to admit… I kinda moaned when I ate this.
And I’m so glad it turned out good, because I made it for dinner the other night when my McSister came to stay.
After allowing Kelly to munch down a Fresh Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookie,
settle into her room, and get into some comfies, we enjoyed an extra dry dirty martini, and then settled in for a fresh salad and this YUMMY creamy white chicken caprese lasagna.
Thumbs up all around on this amazing recipe that I originally discovered and tweaked a bit from Becky at TheCookieRookie.
Becky used sun dried tomatoes, but I decided to go with thinly sliced fresh tomatoes. Then there is this issue I have with MORE cheese and MORE garlic…
I definitely recommend trying this awesome recipe for a special occasion (and when calories don’t matter!)
Chicken Caprese Lasagne
- 3 cups cooked and chopped chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 pkg. low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 box lasagna noodles, cooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine chicken, artichokes, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese shredded, the grated Parmesan, and half of the basil in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and garlic until well combined. Add Half and Half, and beat until creamy. Gently stir in half the basil. Set half of the cream cheese mixture aside and stir the remaining half into the chicken mixture.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Layer 4 noodles on top.
- Top with one third of the chicken mixture.
- Place one layer of thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Repeat the noodles, chicken mixture and tomatoes two more times, ending with a noodle layer.
- Top with the other half of the cream cheese mixture.
- Place slices of fresh mozzarella slices on top.
- Top with a little more fresh basil if desired.
- Bake 45 min. or until heated through and bubbly on top.
- Get ready to moan!
Cheers & Hugs,