How did it get to be November already?! (And as hubby reminded me yesterday, only a little over seven weeks until Christmas!)
I do enjoy this time of year with all of the holidays and preparations and family time.
November reminds me to be thankful, and our theme for this week’s Paper Players Challenge seems so fitting: Let Us Give Thanks – Fall Thank You Cards (PP269).
So on this first day of November, I want to say Thank YOU ever so much my “lifeinbetweener” friends. I so enjoy sharing this journey with you and appreciate your comments and kind words whether in the form of a like or comment here, on Facebook, Twitter, an email or card, or in person. Thank you for sharing lifeinbetween.me with your family and friends. I am always amazed when someones comes up to me and says something like, “My friend told me about your blog, and I read it every day,” And then I love when they tell me what they like best – whether it’s the recipes or stories or photos or DIY cards or watercolor art or crafts or chuckles with Charlie – all the stuff I love to do “in between.”
I would like to send this card to one of you to use to send to someone you want to thank. Simply leave a comment – a simple hello or anything that is on your mind, and I will do a random drawing on Friday to choose someone to send this too. I may even add another bonus card or two!
For my stamping and papercrafting friends, here is how I made this card:
- I masked off an oval in the center of a piece of very vanilla card stock and stamped it with the Penny Black Script Letter Background stamp in Memento Black ink.
- I then randomly stamped on top of the edges with the Inkadinkado Maple Leaf stamp.
- This was followed by sponging the edges in three layers of color beginning with StampinUp Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, and finally Cajun Craze inks.
- I cut out two ovals with StampinUp Oval Framelits using #2 and #3 from the smallest – #2 in very vanilla and #3 in black.
- Same sponging was done on the small oval as the larger piece, and then I stamped the Thanks ever so much Sentiment on using the Paper Smooches Pretty Phrases stamp set.
- To put it all together, I matted with another piece of black onto a Crushed Curry Base.
- Embellishments to finish it off included some dark brown candy dots, a bow of linen thread, and a ribbon of burlap.
Thanks again friends, and be sure to leave a comment for the drawing! I can’t wait to share this with someone.
Cheers & Hugs,