I may have discovered the most amazing, best ever homemade hot chocolate in the entire universe.
And it is EASY!
I discovered it on The Country Chic Cottage, but (believe it or not) found I could reduce the sugar content a bit over what Angie recommended in her blog.
This is the perfect warmer-upper comfort drink to enjoy by a crackling fire with your holiday lights on reading a book or watching a holiday movie.
I am sure the little ones that live in or come to your home would love this as a special treat too!
Ready for this cinchy pinchy, two-ingredient, ultra yummy, rich and creamy hot chocolate recipe? (enough adjectives?)
Here it is! ENJOY!
Rolo Hot Chocolate
- 5 Hershey’s Rolo Chocolate Caramel Candies (Angie recommends 7, but I felt 5 was plenty. Feel free to adjust to your liking.)
- 1 Cup (or as much as fills your mug) Skim Milk (I used Skim, but you can use 2% or Whole Milk if you want it even richer. I would rather eat another Rolo and go with the Skim Milk myself!)
- Unwrap Rolo Candies and put in your mug.
- Microwave for 20 seconds, then stir.
- Add Skim Milk and stir.
- Microwave for an additional 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Garnish with mini marshmallows if desired.
Thanks for the inspiration, Angie!
Cheers & Hugs,