If you haven’t finished your holiday cookie baking yet – you are in luck! I have discovered an amazing new recipe for Chocolate Orange Crinkle Cookies using Terry’s Chocolate Oranges that is TO DIE FOR!
Terry’s Chocolate Oranges are sometimes only available around this time of year, so drop what you are doing and get to the store and stock up on these so you can make them now and throughout the year! ( You can always order from Amazon too!)
I found this recipe on a lovely blog called, What Jessica Baked Next, and I’m looking forward to continuing to see what Jessica bakes next! In Jessica’s recipe, she calls for using EITHER Terry’s Chocolate Oranges OR chocolate chips with fresh orange zest. I, however, used both Terry’s Chocolate Oranges AND fresh orange zest! OH MY MY MY!
I also decided to dust them with a sprinkle of powdered sugar to make them look a bit more festive.
This cookie is like a brownie and a cookie all in one. Crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside and just that right amount of fresh orange taste to compliment the chocolate in such a divine way!
Here is the recipe. ENJOY!
Chocolate Orange Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 (6.17 oz) Terry’s chocolate oranges, chunked (I used the DARK chocolate)
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest
- Powdered Sugar for dusting, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla together with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until incorporated.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder, and mix until dough comes together.
- Add the chocolate chunks and orange zest and gently mix to combine.
- Make heaping tablespoon sized balls and place on baking stone or baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until crackling occurs on top.
- Allow cookies to cool on stones/baking sheets for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cool 5 more minutes on stone/baking sheet, then remove to cooling rack to completely cool.
Cheers & Hugs,