I have another Winner Winner Chicken Dinner to share with you today.
This is a great, quick recipe that uses a rotisserie chicken or leftover grilled chicken.
It really is bursting with flavor, full of tomatoes and spinach and chicken, and pulled all together with a simple chicken stock based sauce and incorporated with pasta to make it a full meal deal!
Serve it with a salad and some crusty bread if you dare!
Tuscan Chicken & Penne Pasta*
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach or 4 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 (14 oz ) cans diced tomatoes (or fresh if in season and plentiful)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 rotisserie chicken chopped or 2-3 cups chopped leftover grilled chicken
- 1/2 cup half and half or skim milk
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked al dente
- Garnish: Fresh diced tomato, fresh chopped basil, shredded fresh parmesan cheese
In a 6 qt dutch oven, saute the garlic, spinach, and onion in the olive oil. Add the spices, salt and pepper, tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring all to a boil. Add chicken.
Whisk together half and half and flour until no clumps remain. Stir into boiling pot until combined.
Allow all to simmer about 10 minutes. Add the pasta and mix well. Garnish and serve.
This recipe is super yummy fresh, and it is delicious reheated the next day too as leftovers for lunch or dinner as the flavors have had time to truly meld.
Hope you give it a try and enjoy!
Cheers & Hugs,
*Recipe originally found and slightly adapted from http://www.galonamission.com.