I had a rotisserie chicken in the refrigerator that I purchased grocery shopping a day or two earlier. I knew it would be good to have on hand for picking at or making a quick dinner.
Looking for some inspiration, I thought I’d bring out the Foodie Dice and see what creativity I could stimulate for dinner.
I have to admit I cheated and made the chicken dice happen. But when I rolled, tomatoes, garlic, basil, and pasta….
Caprese came to mind and came to dinner plate.
I didn’t have any fresh mozzarella on hand, but I did have some yummy goat cheese that makes a glorious quick and easy creamy pasta sauce.
And the rotisserie chicken became the star of the evening.
Though quick and easy, I must say this dish could be served for company – and I just may do that.
If you don’t have a rotisserie chicken on hand or available, you could simply roast a chicken or saute some chicken breasts and/or thighs to use.
Thanks to the roll of the Foodie Dice for this yummy dinner.
Chicken Caprese Penne Pasta
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned and chopped
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 5-6 campari tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook penne pasta in salted water for 8-10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of water.
- Saute garlic in olive oil, then stir in chicken.
- To drained pasta, add crumbled goat cheese and reserved cup of pasta water. Stir to incorporate and melt cheese.
- Add chicken and garlic, fresh tomatoes, and basil. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cheers & Hugs,