Well – last weekend I made these homemade fresh red raspberry pancakes for breakfast. They were quite the hit! Maybe you are looking for something special and different for breakfast this long holiday weekend…
These easy and yummy little hotcakes might be just the ticket.
I served them with a side of thick-sliced peppered slab bacon. The sweet and savory together totally rocked it!
Here’s the recipe. Hope you enjoy!
Fresh Red Raspberry Pancakes
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup plain or red raspberry or blackberry Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 cup fresh red raspberries
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg, butter and milk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Fold in raspberries.
- Heat a griddle over moderately high heat coated lightly with oil. Drop scant 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto griddle; cook for 1 minute or until bubbles form on top. Turn and cook 1 minute more. Serve with raspberry jam, syrup, powdered sugar, or just as is!
Cheers & Hugs,