Oh Friends… you know how much I love chicken and discovering new and different ways to prepare it.
Well this week I discovered another Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
It’s simple, it’s fast, it’s healthy, and it’s YUMMY!
I have seen and heard about grilling peaches, and I was intrigued.
Having some ripe peaches in the fridge that weren’t getting eaten, now was the time to try it!
It was so easy, and they were DELISH!
If you are looking for another light and simple, but full-flavored summer chicken dinner, look no further!
And remember, like I always say, if you don’t like a particular ingredient, switch it up! Substitute goat cheese or feta or even shredded cheddar for the blue cheese if you are not a blue cheese fan (but BOO to you because it is DIVINE!). Change up the greens to ones you prefer. I used Spring Mix, but it would be awesome with Spinach or Arugula or Kale too!
Make dinner a celebration.
Create art on a plate.
You won’t be sorry about this one!
Balsamic Grilled Peaches & Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 4-6 cups Spring Mix Salad Greens
- 2 large sweet Vidalia onions, sliced into 1/2 thick slices
- 4-6 ripe peaches – cut in half and pitted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Bottle Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (I used Ken’s Light version)
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Marinade chicken breasts in 1/2 bottle balsamic vinagrette for at least 4 hours.
- Grill chicken when ready to serve.
- Place Onion Slices in a grill basket (or foil). Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill until translucent and char-grilled. Place on one side of grill while chicken is grilling on the other side. These two take about the same amount of time – approximately 20 minutes.
- Once chicken is done, remove from grill, and set aside.
- Sprinkle peach halves with olive oil, salt, and balsamic vinegar. Place cut side done on grill, and grill for about 5-7 minutes until soft and char-grilled. When done, remove from grill and slice peach halves into three or four pieces.
- To plate, place a cup of greens on plate, top with grilled onions, peach slices and crumbled blue cheese. Add chicken to side or slice and mix in with chicken.
Cheers & Hugs,