Last week I wrote about “perfect pairs.”
does anything “pair” better than the divine taste of rich, creamy semi-sweet chocolate and the tangy, sweet, juiciness of fresh red raspberries?
Oh these muffins!
They are pretty much heaven in a paper liner!
If you are looking for an amazing muffin recipe that goes as wonderfully with coffee in the morning for a decadent breakfast treat as it does with red wine or milk for dessert or as a snack, look no further. Here is a recipe I slightly adapted from Creme de la Crumb. ENJOY!
Chocolate Chunk and Fresh Red Raspberry Chocolate Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup red raspberry Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Half & Half
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 pint fresh red raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin pan with liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Whisk egg, yogurt, milk, and vegetable oil in another bowl until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Scoop into muffin pan.
- Divide raspberries and remaining ¼ cup chocolate chunks among the muffins (just sprinkle the chocolate chips on the tops of the batter and gently press the raspberries into the top – I used 3 raspberries per muffin)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing.
Cheers & Hugs,