Whether you are a white turkey breast lover or a dark turkey leg, thigh or wing lover, you have to love these adorable Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Thanksgiving Turkeys!
When I saw these cute little treats on Pinterest made by MomonTimeOut, I knew I had to make these for a couple of little sweeties we will be spending Thanksgiving with. (And I’m guessing even a few of the big “sweeties” might love them too!)
A Reese’s lover’s dream come true using full size, miniature size, and Reese’s pieces all in one amazing treat!
I had some colorful candy-coated chocolate sunflower seeds I picked up at Trader Joe’s that I used for the noses, but you could use a Reese’s Piece turned sideways too. I melted some Wilton’s Light Cocoa Candy Melts for the “glue,” but you could use chocolate chips if that is what you have on hand. For me, it’s all about improvising and using what you have on hand or can get locally. And these go together super quick! (Believe it or not, I keep a few sizes of candy eyes on hand! I know – I have issues! But I’m betting you can find them at your local craft store like Michael’s or Joann’s or a candy or bake shop – and of course there is always Amazon!)
There’s still plenty of time to throw these together for your Thanksgiving festivities.
I made 12, and it only took about a half hour.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Thanksgiving Turkeys
- 12 Full Size Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
- 12 Miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
- 60 Reese’s Pieces (orange and yellow) (you can eat the brown ones!)
- 24 candy eyes
- 12 orange candy coated chocolate sunflower seeds or orange Reese’s pieces)
- 1 cup Wilton’s Light Cocoa Chocolate Candy Melts or Chocolate Chips, melted
- Melt Candy Melts or Chocolate Chips by heating in microwave for 1 minute, stir, then heat 30 more seconds, and stir again.
- Spoon into a zipper sandwich baggie, push to one corner, seal, and then snip a tiny corner to allow you to squeeze chocolate out for “gluing” chocolate pieces together.
- “Glue” Miniature Reese’s Cup to Full-Size Reese’s Cup with a dab of chocolate.
- “Glue” on Reese’s Pieces Feathers using a strip of chocolate squeezed across top of full-size Reese’s Cup.
- “Glue” on eyes and nose.
Cheers & Hugs,