I love chicken, and I love easy crockpot recipes – especially for days you know you are going to be busy, but want a nice, healthy meal at the end of the day.
Crockpot recipes are often thought more about in the winter and often with heavier, creamier sauces, but I love how light and healthy this recipe turned out that was born out of simply searching the pantry one morning last week for what to throw together.
I daresay this is good enough for company, yet simple enough for any ole’ weeknight dinner.
Best of all, you can throw it together in about 10 minutes in the morning and forget about it until dinnertime.
Hope you give it a try and enjoy!
Jodi's Mediterranean Crockpot Chicken
- 6 frozen chicken breasts (or your favorite cuts – thighs, legs, whole cut up parts)
- 1 12 oz. jar Marinated & Quartered Artichoke Hearts ( I used DeLallo)
- 1 12 oz. jar Sweet Roasted Red Peppers (I used Mancini)
- 3 oz. (1/4 cup) Capers (I used Roland Capers in Sherry Vinegar)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning (oregano, basil, parsley, thyme blend)
- 1/2 cup white wine (I used a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc that was open, but any kind would do, or you could substitute chicken broth)
Layer all ingredients in crockpot in order listed above. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve alone or over pasta, rice or with a side of new boiled potatoes. Garnish with some fresh basil leaves minced and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Easy – Right?!
Delicious? You’re going to love it!
Cheers & Hugs,