This past Sunday, my son Nick took over the kitchen for dinner and made us his amazing Chopped Chicken & Veggie Wraps.
Nick likes anything chicken and anything that can be wrapped up in a tortilla and eaten by hand.
This recipe requires a bit of chopping ahead of time, but throws together quick and easy and tastes so delish!
Starting with marinated grilled skinless, boneless chicken breasts and adding your favorite veggies makes for a healthy, quick, and oh so yummy dinner or lunch or anything in between!
The secret is in the double chopping. Once you pile all the chopped ingredients together, you chop again.
And the thing that really kicks this wrap up for me is the Peach Mango Salsa! OOOOO LAA LAA!
Throw in anything you like, but here is how Nick made these for us.
Nick's Chopped Chicken & Veggie Wraps
- I lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
- 1/2 bottle Wishbone Italian Dressing (or your favorite marinade)
- 1/2 lb bacon, crisped and chopped (option – but oh so yummy!)
- Lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 seedless English cucumber
- 1/2 chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped hamburger dill pickles
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1/4 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts (or banana peppers)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite)
- 1/3 cup Herr’s Peach Mango Salsa
- 4-6 Large Burrito-Sized Flour Tortillas
Marinade chicken in Italian salad dressing for approximately 24 hours in Ziploc bag in refrigerator. When ready to eat, grill chicken and chop. Chop all veggies and ingredients you plan to use.
To assemble, heat flour tortilla in microwave for 20 seconds to make more pliable for wrapping and prevent cracking. Heat George Foreman Grill or Grill Pan.
Place all ingredients together for each wrap, top with a heaping spoon of salsa, and re-chop all together. Mound in center of warmed tortilla and wrap tightly.
Place on grill to heat, crisp, and seal.
Hope you enjoy!
Cheers & Hugs,