“Soon will be Thanksgiving Day – Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Children run and laugh and play, but I think that I will stay,
and hide until the day is done – Gobble Gobble Gobble!”
This is a silly Turkey Song my kids and I sang when they were little (and I have to admit I still get it stuck in my head this time of year!) I sang it with my family as a little girl, so it is hard to think of Thanksgiving week without singing it!
My turkey looks a bit concerned – doesn’t he?! I’m guessing turkeys are not so fond of Thanksgiving!
I had fun making this whimsical card and giving it to my sweet daughter-in-law with a few of those decadent Heavenly Hot Cocoa Brownies I made last week as a little surprise. She works really close to our house, and I practically pass her office to get to mine, so it is fun to drop by with a little surprise every once in a while. (And sweetheart that she is, sometimes I find little surprises in my mailbox from her too!) 🙂
For my stamping and papercrafting friends, below are the supplies and instructions. You can certainly improvise with colors and shapes and scissors and stamps, but I thought I would share what I used. There are lots of cute ideas on Pinterest to inspire you and which inspired me. I just made due with things I had on hand. Hope you will join us for this week’s Paper Players Sketch Challenge. So many fun things you can do with it and lots of other great inspiration from our creative design team.
Supplies & Instructions
- Card Stock: StampinUp (SU) Hello Honey Yellow, Pumpkin Orange, Real Red, Chocolate Chip Brown, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Papercraft Nordic Noel DSP
- Ink: Stazon Black for greeting, Tim Holtz Ranger Tea Dye Distress Ink for sponging around all pieces
- Stamp: Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler for “Celebrate”
- Signo White Gel Pen for white stitched outlines and eyes
- Paper Studio Embossing Folder for feather texture and swirls
- Punches: SU Owl Punch and SU Bird Punch for cutting out turkey parts and SU Scalloped Tag Topper for Tag
- Framelits: SU Circles (second smallest for head, third smallest for round body part, largest for scalloped circle for cutting out feathers) and SU Ovals (smallest oval for body)
- Tombow Mutli Mono Liquid Glue and Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive Tape
- SU Linen Thread to put on top of tag
Happy Thanksgiving Week! I sure am thankful for all of you!
Cheers & Hugs,