Lightened Up Vinaigrette Broccoli Salad.
I love broccoli – cooked or raw.
And I love broccoli salad.
The traditional version has a creamy mayonnaise-based dressing, and it is delicious!
But I was looking for a way to “lighten it up” a bit when making dinner one day this week, so I tried it with a vinaigrette dressing instead.
And it is DELISH too!
It is lighter and fresher tasting, and it is about half the calories of the traditional version!
This really is a nice twist on a classic that is healthier and just as yummy.
Here is how I made it.
Lightened Up Vinaigrette Broccoli Salad
- 4 cups fresh fresh broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 thinly sliced, chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 slices bacon, diced and cooked
- 2 Tbsp apple cider (or your favorite – red wine, white, etc.) vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp freshly ground pepper
Directions: Combine first seven ingredients in large bowl. Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss to coat well. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Cheers & Hugs,